The Auto Care Ambassador program recognizes leaders within the automotive aftermarket who advocate on behalf of the industry before key audiences, namely legislators, regulators and the media. Ambassadors are required to proactively seek out opportunities to engage with these audiences and report their progress to the Auto Care Association. To become an Auto Care Ambassador, you must take the following actions:
- Attend the biennial Auto Care Legislative Summit in Washington, D.C.
Learn about opportunities available through the Auto Care Political Action Committee (ACPAC)
three additional advocacy actions. Examples of advocacy actions you can take are listed below.
- Host a legislator/staffer at my facility
- Meet with a legislator/staffer offsite (e.g., office meeting, town hall, etc.)
- Write or call a legislator about a specific policy issue
- Provide quotes for a media story
- Volunteer on a political campaign
- Attend a campaign fundraiser
Once you have completed an advocacy action, use the below form to submit for credit toward your Ambassador status.
Questions? Contact Matt Robbins at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-333-1073.